Friday, December 9, 2011

ECHO!!!


A clean office is a weird office


 I understand it's also the sign of a sick mind.  Why your desk is usually a bit of a wreck is beyond me.


My office is an orderly form of chaos.  It all makes sense in a Jeremy sort of way.  


So why is it so different now?


Well, in today's Tale Of Whimsy, today is the big Office Move.  It's really quite exciting.  Everybody packs up all their crap into boxes and/or dumpsters then starts milling about the building while jaunty calliope music plays over the P.A. system.  When the music stops, whatever office you're standing in becomes yours and anyone left without one gets fired.  

At least that's how I think it should work.  

In reality, somebody decided that everyone needed to be completely rearranged and that as a company, we hadn't throw out enough trash in the last 5 years, so they orchestrated a grand plan to move every last person who works here to move to a new office.  So, 250,000 boxes and one weekend later, everyone's in a new home and only 3 days of productivity are lost.  In my personal case, my carreer boils down to 3 boxes, a laptop bag, and a coffee mug.  But, I get a shiny new office, and get to throw out about 50 pounds of crap from my desk drawers.  

In the meantime, my office now feels very empty and strangely uncluttered.  I'll get to start making my new mess on monday.  


Speaking of making messes on monday, Jeremy's starting a Holiday Theme Week, so be sure to join us for a whole week's worth of nonsense!

No comments: