Friday, November 4, 2011

I'll Shuffle, Too


I can’t tell if LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem” is supposed to be a real song or not


The creepy giant hamsters in the car commercial seemed to be pretty okay with it.


So I'm guessing most of you out there have heard this song and may just not recognize it by name, so I'll start by helping you out.  



A well-known car company used it in a recent commercial featuring dancing robots and a mechanized soldier that bore a resemblance to Master Chief from Halo.


Very true...now when you say "well-known car company"...which one was it?


I'm not at liberty to say.


And that's because...?


It's because I forget which one.  Moving right along...


So this song is a strange blend of catchiness, banality, and lunacy that seriously makes me wonder if the song is supposed to be for real or not.  It very well could be a novelty song akin to anything Wierd Al Yankovic puts out, or it could just be the kind of popular tripe that in no way is supposed to be good music but ends up being ubiquitous and money-making.  

Somebody help me out, here!

No comments: