Friday, November 5, 2010

Am I missing something?

I'm still trying to figure out how "Double Vision" is hockey music


Hockey music is an interesting thing. Depending on the timing, hockey music takes on various forms. From hard rock during times when the home team needs a boost to "Come Out And Play" during a fight to jaunty omnipresent organ cheers. I'm also one of about 4 people I know who would be amused by the fact that the LA Kings' organist played "Brass Bonanza" during the game against the Carolina Hurricanes. All that said, I can not, for the life of me figure out why Foreigner's "Double Vision" made good hockey music.


If it was played right after a really hard check, I would make a case that it's hockey music, though in pretty bad form.


It was a pretty physical game, but those weren't the circumstances. It was a normal play stoppage, and the crowd seemed to be singing along or getting otherwise involved in the playing of the song.


Maybe something was playing on the Jumbotron while this was happening.


It's about the only logical explanation I can think of. Can somebody who was at the game last night fill me in? I'm confused, and that's no way to be on a Friday. I'll be Nerd Sniped all weekend.

No comments: