Monday, April 17, 2017

Theme Week, Part Aegiomon

Jeremy Is In The Office Proudly Presents:
Dr. Seuss Character or Pokemon Week!  
Day 1:  Kweet  


It's Theme Week once again here at Jeremy Is In The Office, and we're celebrating by quizzing you, our loyal readers in your knowledge of two very specific groups of fictional characters.  


That's right!  Each day this week, we will offer up a figment of somebody's imagination and leave it to you to decide if that character is the work of one Theodor Seuss Geisel, or any of the many corporate automatons responsible for inventing the 802 known Pokemon.

Yes, this whole thing was thought up not long ago when I got slightly mixed up between The Lorax and the Snorlax in a conversation I remember almost nothing about.  It made me wonder just how close some of the Pokemon names are to some of the crazy mythical creatures thought up by Dr. Seuss. 

Here are some fun examples!

Dr. Seuss brought us the Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz, The Sneetches and Zanzibar Buck Buck McFate. 

Some Pokemon are the Butterfree (Which I always get confused with Fluttershy the Pony...don't ask me why), Magikarp, Pikachu, and of course, Jigglypuff. 

While all pretty fun examples of the literary genius of each, they're also pretty easy to distinguish.  The test ones used for this week's Theme Week may not be so easy.  We'll see.  I've actually already forgotten today's, but that's beside the point...I have the answer key.  Anyway, to make things a little easier, we're sticking to First Generation Pokemon, of which there are only 151.  Of course, that 151 apparently doesn't include evolutions, but I don't know if that means they evolved during first generation, or if they evolved once the second generation started...I don't know or care that much about Pokemon.  That also means the 802 number I quoted above is probably wrong, because the chart I'm looking at gives the same NDex number for two different evolutions of the same Pokemon and I seriously don't give a crap anymore.  I'll show you the link to the thing at the end of the week, since I don't want anybody cheating, but trust me, there are many many webpages devoted to this stuff.  It's a little scary. 

Regardless, today we'll be focusing on Kweet.  Is Kweet a Pokemon, or a character from a Dr. Seuss book?  You decide! 

No comments: