Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I Need A Siren



Snow tires are off, and war on Mother Nature has been declared!  


Once again, Jeremy is foolish enough to poke the Weather Bear.  The next great blizzard of 2017 should be just around the corner.  War Were Declared


I really don't think it's as bad as all that.  I believe I stated yesterday that it's Spring.  I also did a modicum of research. 

By that, of course, I mean I looked at the weather forecast for the next week, and didn't see any snow and at least one day of 70+degree temperatures.  Therefore, nuts to winter!  I took the snow tires off of my car!  I also had a free hour in which to do it, and that was quite possibly my last chance for a little while, so I took advantage of the opportunity.  It was quite honestly a nice day for it, as well. 

What I'm never quite fully prepared for is just how dirty the job is. 

Sure, this whole cleanliness thing was exacerbated by a minor injury I suffered at the hands of a plumbing project I had completed the day before.  So, as it turns out, when you have threading on a standard copper pipe, for example the kind of copper pipe that you screw a bathtub spout and diverter onto, those threads can be remarkably sharp and can cut through the skin of your thumb rather easily while you're applying teflon tape.  But that's beside the point entirely. 

So, I had a bandaid on my thumb while I'm changing the tires on my car, and that didn't really last all that long.  As soon as that bandaid slips a little bit and you get an entire winter's worth of road grime and brake dust underneath it, all of its adhesive properties go right by the wayside, and you spend more time trying to keep the bandaid on your thumb whlie spinning lug nuts than you do spinning the stupid lug nuts. 

All of that having been said, I completed my task, bum finger and all, and officially declared war on that bitter old crank, Mother Nature.  I've traded my gas mileage for a lack of traction in the snow...let's see what she does about that. 

No comments: