Friday, August 26, 2016

I Need You, Internets!



What kind of bird sounds like one of those obnoxious toy dogs at the mall? 


Unfortunately, that description isn't quite detailed in the Audubon Society's book.  We're kind of on our own for this one.  


You know the thing I'm talking about, right?  Not the bird, I mean...the toy dog.  It's usually sitting out in front of the toy store with the other crap like the flying cow on a string and the battery-powered scuba diver thing.  They exist to get children to drag their parents towards the toy store in an attempt to get the parents to buy stuff or face the wrath of a screaming child in the mall.  I dare say my parents were victims of this scam once or twice in the past.  

So, there's always some motorized dog that takes a couple steps, sits, yaps a couple times, then does a backflip before starting the whole process over again.  It's amazing that in the years since the yapping dog toy was released, that we still haven't come any farther as a society, and these things still exist.  Anyway, you're now all picturing the thing in your head and mentally listening to the annoying high-pitched yappy bark noise the stupid thing makes.  

First of all, you're welcome.    

Second of all, there exists some species of bird with a call strangely reminiscent of that yappy dog toy.  Why do I know this?  Because one of them lives in my back yard, and feels the need to chirp/bark early in the morning when I'm still asleep.  I really wish it would stop...or at least come up with a more pleasant song to sing.  

No comments: