Monday, November 2, 2015

Door Meander Doesn't Sound As Good



If I have to bust your door at 1:00 PM to get into your sale, you’re doing something wrong  


I usually end up sleeping through all the doorbuster sales anyway.  It's better for me.  


That's very true when you're talking about Black Friday, which is coming up if you haven't heard...



But in this particular case, I got an email from a large chain clothing store announcing a one-day only "Doorbuster" sale...which was yesterday.  I got the email at 1:00 in the afternoon.  

Now, it is entirely true that I have purchased nearly every piece of clothing I own from this store, and I doubt I've ever paid full price for anything I bought there.  But that doesn't mean that I need to drop whatever it is I'm doing to go bust down their door for a sale.  Unless they're literally giving away anything I might want and/or need for free.  I may need new pants for work soon, but that's beside the point entirely.  

I was also under the impression that a so-called "Doorbuster" sale is so named because people will be attempting to bust the door of the store prior to the store's actual opening time in order to be the first one in to reap the savings.  At that point, I would have to wonder how appropriate it would be to name a sale a "Doorbuster" sale when it starts at 1PM...or at the very least, your customers are notified of it at 1PM.  At that hour of the day, I would expect to be able to walk right in the store without any door getting in my way that would need busting.  

I'm also reasonably sure that if I did bust their door (regardless of what time I did so), they would end up making me pay for it, thus negating any savings I would have gained from shopping at the sale.  

No comments: