Thursday, December 4, 2014

Softer, Too



It’s Password Day!  My email password is no longer F1uffyk1tt13z


This is a really delightful email password...it's a shame to see it go.  After all, Kitties Are So Nice.  


While I certainly agree with Bubbles there, I usually feel obligated at this point to remind everyone that neither this, nor any of the Password Day posts have ever been used as my email password...so don't bother trying to go hacking into my stuff.  You'll just find a bunch of boring work stuff in there anyway...and an email from a guy whose volleyball team I'll be playing against tonight reminding me that it's On, but that's entirely beside the point.  

In related news...my computer is weird.  

Back when I first got it, I would hit Ctrl-Alt-Del (the standard computing Three-Fingered Salute) to unlock the computer, and it would prompt me to enter my password.  Pretty standard fare.  A few Password Days ago, it started to behave differently, and I was never sure why.  I'd hit the TFS, and it would then ask me to select a user.  Since I was the only user, I would just hit "Enter" to select me, then type in the password.  It wasn't that much of an inconvenience...just one keystroke...so I accepted this as the way it must be, got into the habit of pressing Enter after the TFS, and moved on with my life.  Well, this Password Day, I changed my password, and the extra Enter is no longer required.  Why?  I don't know.

This makes things worse, because now, I press the Three-Fingered Solute, hit enter on the password box, which immediately fails since the correct password is not blank, and now I only have two more chances to type in the correct password.  Given my standard percentage of typos, this is pretty bad news.

So now, I have to get right back out of the habit of pressing enter to select me as the user, because months later, my computer realizes once again that I'm the only user.  I don't get it.  Kitties are easier to deal with.

No comments: