Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I just don't get irony

It was optimistic to think "The Christmas Tree Shop" would have a good selection of Christmas lights


I guess they played a great joke on you then.


So it would seem.


Of course...normally you obscure the names of the large, faceless, atomatonic corporations you deal with.


Somehow, everybody figured out who "High's Home Improvements" was anyway. But in this case, I couldn't come up with a way to obfuscate the name. They actually do a good enough job as it is, because one other thing that's conspicuously missing from the store is a display of...you know...Christmas trees. It was a little surprising, considering this time of year should be their wheelhouse. Instead, I get treated to about 500 boxes of white lights (I was looking for a single strand of blue lights), and their usual store full of cosmetics. I was confused.

No comments: