Wednesday, May 24, 2017

FINAL NOTICE!!!!

Attention every retailer ever:  Odds are good that I didn’t “forget” to take your email survey  


People are just trying to get a little feedback, Jeremy.  No need to get in a twist.


If all I got was a simple request for feedback, I would have no issue with it.  My problems are, as usual, deep-seeded and complicated.

So, not long ago I made a purchase online.  I do this from time to time, as do most people who frequent the internets.  Shortly after my product arrived, which to the supplier's credit, arrived on time and entirely intact, I received an email from that supplier asking me to take an online survey about my shopping experience.

I completely ignored it.  

To be fair, my shopping experience was entirely acceptable.  I just don't want to fill out online surveys about online shopping experiences.

Shortly thereafter, I received an email reminding me that my survey was waiting for me.  The expectation being that I had always wanted to take this online survey, and the only reason that I hadn't done so yet was that this important part of my life had accidentally slipped my mind, and I forgot to do it.  Therefore, I needed a reminder.

About a week later, I got a second reminder (which said "Second Reminder" in the email subject) about my anxiously waiting online survey.  I still have no intention of ever filling out this annoying online survey about my shopping experience, although my shopping experience is now being worsened by the fact that I get annoying reminder emails to take an online survey because of it.

I am at least a little curious about what is included in the online survey now.  It's probably a biased survey which is skewed towards provide positive feedback anyway (ie: "How well would you say we provided _____" using the positive connotation "well" in the question itself), but I'll never know.

I would like to think that this is an isolated incident, but sadly, I know this is not the case.  This exact scenario happens to me rather frequently, and I'm well on my way to another one as I type this.  (Remember that rental car upgrade I stole last week?  Well, I got an online survey about my car renting experience...you can just guess if I'm going to fill that out)  I'm entirely certain I can look forward to more online surveys and emails "reminding" me to fill them out because I "forgot" to the last time they emailed me about it.  The smart money is on me "forgetting" again.  

I would be tempted to fill out their online surveys if I could send them my own online survey to provide their feedback on me as a customer.  Then I could send them annoying reminder emails to fill it out since they'll probably "forget" just like I did. 

No comments: