Monday, February 6, 2017

Everyone At Work Is Talking About The Game



It’s Password Day!  My email password is no longer PuppyB0w!  


You know, Jeremy, this was awfully good timing for you to have this as your email password and have it expire the day after the actual Puppy Bowl.  Remarkable foresight, I'd say. 


Or pure luck, one or the other.  

So, in case anyone is unawares, yesterday was the day of the most highly anticipated sporting event in America....Puppy Bowl!  It's an annual tradition that corresponds to some football game wherein a bunch of puppies are let into a playpen and allowed to frolic for a while on national television.  It's adorable.  

Also included is the halftime show featuring kittens who are let into a playpen and allowed to frolic for a while on national television.  This year's halftime show also included penguins and internet sensation, Keyboard Cat.  It really was quite the spectacle.  

So, right around the time of the last Password Day, I looked at the calendar to see when the next Password Day was going to be (you know...the day all of my work system passwords expire, and I spend half the morning going through different systems and emails resetting a dozen different passwords and hoping beyond all hope that the new password I've chosen follows all of the different sets of rules for all of them...no such luck).  I immediately noticed that it was going to be today, the very day following Puppy Bowl.  My course of action became clear.  

I spent the last however many days are in between Password Days in anxious anticipation of Puppy Bowl, since I reminded myself each time I had to log into something.  It really was quite exciting, and now that Puppy Bowl has come and gone, I must move on to my next password.  


At this time is when we remind our readers that neither this, nor any of the passwords featured in "Password Day" posts were ever used as Jeremy's email password.  Don't bother trying them.  You won't succeed, you'll look foolish while doing it, and the only thing you stand to gain is a bunch of boring technical worky gibberish anyway.  It's just not worth it.
 

No comments: